“I have made this recipe from when I was a child and it’s never flopped. It is also one of the most popular breads on our menu,” Gordon Dovey.
- 500g white bread flour
- 1 ½ cans of beer
- 1 packet dry yeast
- 1 packet of brown onion soup powder
- Mix the flour, yeast and onion soup together.
- Before you start drinking the beer, mix it into the dried bread ingredients until it forms a dough. (Now drink the beer!)
- It is best to use a wooden spoon or your hands.
- Once it is mixed well, knead it for 10 minutes and then let it prove until it doubles in size.
- Knead it into the shape you want.
- Prove it again and then bake at 180˚C for 30 minutes.